Mar 17, 2009

Green Day

Today is St. Paddy's Day or St. Pattie's Day or as the Irish call it Lá Fhéile Pádraig. And it's a big holiday here in MA because this state is majorly Irish. Everyone's wearing green and drinking Guinness or maybe a bottle of Sam Adams in between. The Boston Celtics are wearing their gold and green uniform and people are just a little crazier today than most days. Shamrocks everywhere and leprechaun hats are in fashion. Simply because


I was wearing my green hoodie around the house and playing the latest U2 album as my own little way of celebrating with them Irish lads. We also had our Irish beer battered fish and chips last night.

It's a good holiday. I wish we had something like this back home. It's so festive and mischievous. Just like this cute little care bear "greening" the Chicago river every year on this day.



Happy St. Patrick's Day me lads.


1 comment: